What's next for Barclay & MacDonald


I’m being asked by a few readers when they can  expect the next Barclay & MacDonald book. The  good news is there’s a paperback collection of the first two novels out any day now, which has both books in full plus a couple of exclusives: an interview with me about writing Bad For Good and the prologue for Bad Timing, which is the working title for the third book in the series. It will be available to buy from Amazon and the better US bookshops once I sign off the final proofs next week.
The main reason for the collection is to make the print version more affordable - the cost of the paperbacks is as low as Amazon permit but combining the two in a single volume and slightly reducing the type size means the paperback will be shipping for just £10.99 (buying the two paperbacks separately costs £15.98). (I won’t be publishing the omnibus collection as a Kindle eBook as Amazon are selling both eBooks for £3.89 at the moment, which makes adding another edition a little pointless.) 
Jen’s done great covers on all the books but I think this one is the best yet. Tina Pugh took a fab moody photo of the Greenwich foot tunnel for us and it adds a really atmospheric look to the book.
As to the publication of the next in the series I don’t have any firm dates yet as I’m still at the ideas stage. I start a new course with Random House this week which I’m using to pull together ideas I have for a non-Barclay novel,  provisionally called The Ghost’s Story, which I may write before Claire’s tale continues. That’s my plan anyway.
Thanks for your support and please keep the Amazon reviews of Bad For Good coming.

Stay Bad…

Neil

Comments

Popular Posts