Update: a Bad break

First, the bad news on my When She Was Bad follow-up: I’ve somehow managed to break my leg just in time for Christmas, which means I’m pretty much housebound for the rest of this year and the start of next. It doesn’t hurt much now, but the cast and crutches are a real pain, especially on the stairs. Mustn’t feel sorry for myself though - I’ve managed to avoid surgery and a hospital stay. And, as a friend kindly commented, at least it wasn’t my “writing leg” I broke!
I’ve been working on my second draft of Bad For Good but it’s difficult to type with one leg in the air and I’m working in hour-long spells - far from ideal. I’m about a third of the way through (page 90 - deep into TNT’s secret past) but I doubt I’ll have the draft finished for Christmas or even the end of the year. I’ve some outstanding research I won’t be able to do for a month or two and my May 1st 2017 publication date may need to be pushed back a week or two, but we’ll see.
The good news is that the 240-page first draft read much better than I’d anticipated. Still a long way to go and, much like my first book, the second half of the book will require more rewriting than the opening chapters.
I’m toying with the idea of sending out the opening pages of book two to my mailing list in time for Christmas - watch out for it!

Comments

Popular Posts