A quick update on the first draft of Bad For Good

Update on the follow up to When She Was Bad:
It’s going well, somedays very well. I’ve been undertaking some location research with Mrs B. and enjoyed a day’s instruction on the shooting range with my good friend Alan Ward (most definitely not Wardy from the first book!) where I learned enough stuff about guns and ammo to keep me awake most nights. Did you know a sniper can kill from over a mile away? And do you have any idea what a bullet does when it enters the body?? Bloody hell.
Anyway, the writing of the first draft of Bad For Good continues. Of course I have days when the words just flow and some days when I can’t string a sentence together, but overall progress is good. Today (October 18th) I’ve just finished for the day and I have 185 pages done, around two thirds of the way through and I’m just starting the climactic third act. The first draft is very rough and unpolished, just me working out the story, but it feels good with some nice twists and turns. The new characters are coming together nicely and most of the old crew are back, like old friends. Or enemies.
It feels already like an improvement of the first book but we’ll see.
Thanks again for your interest and support with my writing - it means the world to me.
Neil

Comments

Popular Posts